UKS is a registered non-governmental organisation (NGO). It is run and managed by;
- The National Convention - the supreme assembly of members' representatives which
- The National Board of Directors - responsible for policy formulation and
- The National Office - which handles the day- to- day running of the organisation affairs headed by paid staff who implement policy in cooperation with
- The Zonal Boards and Diocesan Organisations - that are formed by the Board of Directors where and when they deem it fitting. These are associations of
- The Local Kolping Family -This is the basic unit of the Kolping Society composed of a minimum of 20 people from different and distinctive natural families who come together for a common goal.